1. The Originals (CW): if you like vampires/supernatural shows you should definitely watch it! TO is way better than The Vampire Diaries since it doesn’t have the whole High School clichés. The writing and music are both so good and the actors do a great job with their characters (plus they’re so nice to look at)
2. GirlBoss (Netflix): Finally, another show with Britt Robertson! She’s so talented and does a great job portraying NastyGal’s founder Sophia Amoruso. Her character is very different than other female characters on tv. Sophia is unapologetically herself and I found it inspiring, even though she’s a bit of a garbage person.
3. The Flash (CW): This is my most recent binge-watch victim and I’m so glad I started watching it again. The plot gets more intense with every season and Grant Gustin does a great job playing the super-cute superhero. The characters are so fun to watch and I love seeing what kind of superpower the metahumans on the show will have. Even if you don’t read comic books or know much about that world, The Flash is still a great show to watch.
4. Jane the Virgin (CW): If you like romance, comedy, telenovelas and mystery then you should watch this show. Jane the Virgin has everything in it and it’s so addicting to watch. Gina Rodriguez is such a talented actress and does a fabulous job playing Jane. I’m not gonna lie though, they did lose me during a few episodes but (Spoilers ahead) now that Jane is back in the dating game I’m very intrigued to see who she’s going to date…and hopefully he’s h o t. Also, (more spoilers) who the hell killed Scott?? I mean he was a dick but I have no idea who the murderer is, Rose would be way too easy right?
5. Supergirl (CW): Yep, another CW show. What can I say? They produce some good TV. I love Kara, she’s such a cute yet very strong character and her sister Alex (played by Lexi Grey -Rip- from Grey’s Anatomy) creates a great support system for Kara. One of my favourite new characters must be Mon-El, he’s cute and learns to be a better person with Kara’s help. You’ll recognize Mon-El from when the actor played Kai on The Vampire Diaries (the evil gemini witch). The dynamic of the show is well done and the music is also pretty good. But I have to say, one of my favourite things are when Supergirl and The Flash have crossovers, Barry and Kara are adorable friends.
Overall, I highly suggest that you watch at least one of these shows and get transported to another world to experience stories of the character’s lives. But, if you don’t want to fall in love with fictional characters then I understand. However, if you love being in a fictional world then definitely give these shows a chance!